Saturday, February 11, 2012

NYX Jumbo Pencils Review

For Christmas 2011, I asked for a few beauty items that had been floating around my favourites on my browser for a while. These included some NYX Jumbo Pencils.



I'd seen them mentioned by numerous beauty bloggers and Youtubers for AGES. So when I stumbled across THIS eBay seller, I knew I had to get my hands on them. All pencils arrived bubble wrapped (my Auntie just wrapped them up as they came, in case you were wondering how I know this!) with that annoying cellophane wrap around each one.

It cost £14.00 roughly (after exchange rate) for purchase AND shipping. This is compared to $4.50 per pencil plus shipping from the NYX website itself. I'm not sure if you can get them cheaper anywhere else but to me, after this comparison, this seemed pretty reasonable.

The colours I chose were (from bottom up):
Milk (604) - a gorgeous white colour
Gold (612) - quite a coppery kind of gold
Pots & Pans (603) - a typical silver colour
Dark Brown (602) - a dark brown that actually looks quite black in the stick
Black Bean (601) - black (surprisingly lol!)
French Fries (609) - sort of like a dark brown with a hint of gold colour




I have been using these since Christmas and think it's safe to say - I'm in love. They are such gorgeous colours and work so well as a base colour for almost ANY eyeshadow look that I've been skipping the primer a lot of the time. Milk (the white) works well at accentuating any colour that you want to really stand out as a lid colour and also comes in handy as a highlight for the inner corner. I've also found that the black is really useful for darkening any colour you want on the outer corner. By applying a little and smudging it out before placing eyeshadow on top, it deepens the colour and creates a much better smokey eye.

2 comments:

  1. I also bought at Joy's Cosmetics on Ebay and loved her! She is so patient and nice seller, I've just made my second order, all about NYX!
    I wrote a post abt Jumbo nyx pencils, if you wanna read...
    http://misslittlesnail.blogspot.com/2012/02/mini-haul-nyx.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I shall take a look :) I think I'm going to order some of the lipsticks from her soon. Just a bit unsure about doing it online as I never end up with the colour I expect haha

      Delete

Leave a comment :-D!