Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Sleek - The Original i-Divine Palette

In the past couple of months Sleek Cosmetics seem to have dramatically increased in popularity amongst the blogging/youtube community. I have seen endless reviews of the latest palettes - several of which seemed to be released in quick succession of one another - and the amazing pout paints I have yet to try. Instead of reviewing one of these in line with others, I decided to look back at an old favourite of mine. 


I received The Original i-Divine palette (No. 594) for Christmas last year and fell in love with it instantly. 


Without flash

With flash
It can be purchased in Superdrug - although not all apparently, only one store in my city stock Sleek - or from Sleek Makeup for £6.49.


This was my second palette from Sleek and by far my favourite of the lot. It tends to be my go to palette and the one that is in the make up bag I use regularly and take with me almost everywhere. 


I'm not the type to wear neutral make up on a daily basis, preferring to mix up relatively neutral colours with a little bit of colour, making this palette perfect for me. There is good balance of the type of colours I'm looking for. 


All sleek eyeshadows are mineral based and prize themselves on being highly pigmented and velvet smooth. The majority of palettes contain a mixture of both shimmery and matte colours. 


Top row without flash

Top row with flash
The top row contains a mix of bright coloured shimmery eyeshadows and one matte black eyeshadow.  As you can see, the black is not a very pigmented shade, it took me 3 swipes to achieve this level of pigmentation in my swatch. I also find that it is not as smooth a formula as the others. The dark blue shade was also not very pigmented and again it took 3 swipes to achieve this swatch. The rest however are brilliantly smooth, velvet textured, highly pigmented eyeshadows. All of these swatches - as well as the ones from the bottom row - were achieved with one swipe from the pan. 


Bottom row with flash

Bottom row without flash (sorry for bad lighting)
My favourite combination to create using this palette has to be: 

  • the very light yellow (first on the left, bottom row) in the inner corner
  • light green (last on the right, top row) across the lid
  • bronze (third from the right, bottom row) in the outer corner and blended out into the crease 
Then I normally put a little bit of each on the bottom lash line in the same position. 

I wish I had taken a picture of this the last time I did it but unfortunately, I don't think about these things at the time! 



Disclaimer: This palette WAS a gift given to me, however it was from a family member and I have in no way been compensated for the use/review of the product.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :-D!