Sunday, August 07, 2011

Friday Night Manicure

Every Friday night - unless I'm busy - I redo my manicure without fail. After a hectic week at work I like to just chill and pamper myself all night whilst watching a film or some crap tv :) 

This week for my manicure I decided to try out a technique I have seen a few people do within the blogging community. It varies from design to design but it basically is a manicure involving make up sponges at some point. 


I started by painting a white base coat on each nail. I used a random one from my collection by NYC. I think these retail at around £2/3 in Boots and Superdrug - don't quote me on that, I've had mine for ages!



I then used a grey nail polish by Barry M (excuse the bad picture) and a black polish with small specks of silver glitter by W7 with...



...these make up sponges from Asda, to create:


This look. I cleaned up the excess round the edges once I had finished BTW. I don't walk around with nails like that lol! 

To achieve this look I poured out a tiny bit of the grey and black nail polishes onto a piece of tissue paper. Using one corner of the make up sponge at the thinnest end, I dipped it into the grey first and dabbed onto my nail, covering half to 3/4 of the nail. I then dipped the opposite corner into the black nail polish and applied over half (ish) the grey. 

Not many people have liked how I have done my nails haha but I do :) And that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :-D!