Monday, November 28, 2011

New Live Colour XXL Review

Whilst perusing the hair dye aisle in Boots the other day, I stumbled across a new hair dye from Schwarzkopf. I'm not 100% sure whether this is a new colour or not, but it comes in a new foam formula in new packaging. And the best thing - it's scented. 


I must admit I didn't actually notice it was scented until I started writing this up, however, I do remember smelling it a couple of times thinking it smelt like milkshake. It's actually meant to smell fruity but I wasn't far off!

I love the packaging of this product - I described it as a tall McFlurry to my boyfriend, probably a factor in me thinking it smelt like milkshake!


The dye is really easy to mix, although quite annoying that you have to count out 40 shakes! Which I do feel was the biggest let down of the product. 

Before shaking.

After shaking.

The product holds true in that it definitely is as easy as shampoo to use. All you have to do to apply the dye is scoop it out the tub and rub into your hair as you would shampoo. This means you get an even application all over the hair. You're also able to stick your hair to your head whilst it develops and the non-drip formula means it doesn't drip everywhere. 

 I chose the shade 499 Violet Berry Burst which is meant to give a slight purple tint to the hair. My hair is quite dark and quite thick and so I think this is kind of the reason you can't see the colour that well. It's also super hard to take a picture of a hair colour like that with a rubbish camera! 


Ideally I would have liked the dye to come out more purple in my hair and I am actually awaiting the delivery of a purely purple dye (not as bad as it sounds) from directions in the hopes of intensifying the colour a bit. 

I might also try again with this dye in a week or so. The one good thing about having hair as thick as mine is that, as my hairdresser has told me many a time, my hair will pretty much go through anything and not suffer!

The dye cost £5.99 and is from boots.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has used one of these dyes or the directions one!

3 comments:

  1. hi i am going to uses this on my hair on the weekend and my hair is a kind of dirty blonde color do you think this will come out more purple for me xx ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is really dark so the colour only showed up in the light for me. So I reckon it would show up quite a lot on your hair! Don't forget it is a Live Colour dye so it is made to come out colourful and don't be alarmed if it's brighter than you thought it would be :)

      Hope it goes okay! x

      Delete
  2. Mine went from my original purple colour to red! I am not impressed. It is naturally blonde and wanted to go purple. Used loreal but the colour was very muted purple ans wantes to go much brighter. I waited 2 weeks and used this. It is now a very deep red colour

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :-D!