Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tag: My Life in Make Up

I'm feeling a little uninspired this weekend so I thought I would do a simple, not much effort kind of post. I have a very hectic few months ahead of me; I'm back at uni this week and have something planned for every weekend, bar 3, up to Christmas! The thought of it is making me feel exhausted and so this weekend I've tried to chill out as much as possible. That being said, here is a quick tag I spotted on a blog a while back but forgot to do. Enjoy! 

1.       How old were you when you started wearing make up?
I don't even think I know the answer to this! I think I started wearing it on and off when I was around 14 but I could never really be bothered. I never really saw the point in wearing it all the time, so for me it became a special occasion type thing. 

2.      How did you get into make up?
Just by watching my Mum put it on when we were going to a family function. Then I started getting little bits and pieces in gift sets at Christmas and it went from there. I REALLY got in to it in my last year of college. I read an article in a magazine about a youtuber - lollipop26 - who I immediately subscribed to and found out about others from there. I found it so incredible that you could do so many amazing looks with such simple products and wanted to be able to do that for myself. 

3.       What are some of your favourite brands?
It depends what type of product it is but at the moment I mostly use ELF and Sleek. I have bits and pieces from other brands but not enough to favour them over others. 

4.      What does make up mean to you?
For me make up is a way of being creative. I love having the ability to make different looks depending on my mood or my outfit. I also enjoy that I can transfer the skills I learn in make up into fancy dress as my birthday is the day before Halloween! Being able to look incredible without having to get an expensive outfit is always handy!

5.       If you could only wear four products on your face what would they be?
Foundation, Blush, Mascara, Eyeshadow (as you can use it as an eyeliner too! sneaky ;-) )

6.      What is your favourite thing about make up?
Hmm, I don't really know! I guess my favourite thing is that little confidence boost you can get from wearing it :)

7.       What do you think about drug store make up vs high end make up?
At this moment in time, being a student, I think that drug store make up is the better way to go. Although I do believe that with some things, you do get what you pay for, the price of one piece of high end make up for me can pay for a week or two of shopping. I think perhaps in the future when I am in a full time job and earning a fair bit of money I would purchase more high end products but for now, I'm quite happy to stick to my drug store brands! They are still excellent value and you can always find really good products.

8.      What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Watch others. It's the best way to learn! 9 times out of 10 you're able to learn a better way of doing something by looking how someone else does it. It's how I learnt to do my make up well!

9.      What is one make up trend you never understood?
The really pale lipstick look. Fair enough if it's a nice kind of pale, but the kind where your lips start to blend in to your face is not nice at all! 

10.   What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube and Blogger?
I think it's a really good place to get your skills and talent out there. Being a make up artist isn't for everyone, some people have other ambitions, but they may be amazing with make up and want to share it with others. Having a platform to make something of your loves and hobbies is always a plus, especially with the feedback you receive from others. 

1 comment:

Leave a comment :-D!