Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Is it worth it?

My post today comes hand in hand with a question I'm intrigued to know the answer to - 

What do you deem too much to pay for a nail varnish?


Normally when I buy nail varnish, they come at a price between £1 and £4. I don't think I have ever paid anything more than that, except for when I bought an OPI limited edition colour. 

Yesterday, whilst browsing Fenwicks in York, I came across Peridot by Chanel. 

I was instantly drawn to the unusual shade, something I've never really seen before. I fell in love. Then I saw the price tag. 

I know that prices can sometimes be justified if it's a high end brand but what about the type of product you're looking at? Is £17.50 just too much for a nail polish? 

What do you guys think? 
Are there any good dupes for this polish out there to save my bank from going into a state of shock?


2 comments:

  1. Well, I love Barry M and that is affordable seeing as it is only about £2.50, you can spend that much on anything from using a car park to buying a sandwich! aha.
    However, I refuse to buy expensive nail polishes like OPI, Models Own and Chanel (as you have pictured) as, what they point, when they can be bought for cheaper and they are almost exactly the same?!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think the majority of my collection is Barry M haha! I'd rather spend my money on that than waste it on something silly I don't need.

    I'm still not certain about buying expensive brands. I have a couple of OPI but I've only paid for one myself, the rest were gifts. I don't think I can justify that much money, especially when the cost of a Chanel nail polish can be two weeks food shopping for me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :-D!