Friday, June 17, 2011

Superdrug Haul

Working close to the city centre certainly has it's advantages; plenty of lunch options, the ability to go on emergency shopping trips and easy access to transport to name but a few. However, the down side to this is that if I am ever having a bad day, a 'pick-me-up' trip to the shops on the way home often occurs. 


This happened today. My day in the office was so super, super stressful that I just HAD to pop into the shopping centre on the way home. There was no other option! But, on the plus side, I definitely do not regret it for a change. I made some really wise, non-impulse (well, sort of) purchases that I'm actually mega pleased with! And as I keep repeating to myself "at least I haven't wasted the money on alcohol" (as I was highly considering going out on the town tonight!).




This picture does no justice whatsoever to the actual size of the bag. 
Firstly, the essentials. 


Superdrug own brand 6-in-1 Mouthwash - £1.99
Sure for Men Quantum Anti-perspirant - £0.86
My boyfriend has very recently been converted to the world of roll on deodorant. After staining 90% of his t-shirts/shirts/polo shirts under the arm by using too much spray-on deodorant, I managed to convince him to try out a roll on and it seems - *touch wood* - to not have such an adverse effect on his clothes. At least until he runs out and ends up using spray ones again! Silly boy. I'm going to try and convince him to a mini review of it to put up on here, not the sort of thing you see every day on a primarily female blog but why not? 


L'OrĂ©al Elvive Colour Protect Shampoo & Conditioner (400ml) - £1.79 each (Currently on offer!)
Superdrug Expertise Salt Spray - £2.49
Schwarzkopf Live Salon Style (Intense Red 5-29) - £4.29
I've actually only just recently dyed  my hair, I used a mahogany colour from the same brand as I wanted a brown/red colour, but with more than a hint of red. Needless to say, it didn't work as well as I wanted it to. So I bought this "intense red" in the hopes that it will make my hair just that smidgen (yes, that is a technical term) bit more red. I feel I may be sending the boyfriend out to Superdrug again in the morning for a dark brown though! 
The shampoo and conditioner were purchased alongside the dye in an attempt to protect my hair and give it that healthy kick it needs after dying. 

A few impulse purchases:

Clean & Clear Morning Energy Daily Facial Wash (Oil-free) - £2.49
Superdrug Mud Therapy Raspberry Exfoliating Mask - £2.59
Dove Summer Glow (Normal to Dark) - £3.00
Now, in a few weeks I may be back on here complaining about having a 'Geordie Shore' orange glow about me, but hopefully not! I've been using the other Dove Summer Glow recently but I bought the one for fair skin which I clearly was mistaken about and actually do not have, and so it hasn't really made any difference to my tan (or lack thereof) whatsoever. 


The face wash I have purchased due to my usual Body Shop Seaweed one running out. It's about £8 or £9 for a bottle, which although it works really well on my skin, I do feel is a little expensive for me. I'm hoping that this cleanser will work well and not irritate my skin in any way as I'm desperate for an inexpensive holy grail face wash. The face mask should also help sort my face out a little too - and the boyfriends, not that he knows this yet.


My last purchase was from a make up brand I have never really seen much of before. They are called Make Up Academy and have a wide range of products available for only a few pounds. I believe when they first came out everything was a pound. They've just released a new professional line of products that although more expensive are still actually really affordable. First impressions have been really good and I hope to get a more detailed overview of the products on here within the next few days. Or as soon as my photography skills improve a little, whichever comes first.


MUA Professional Primer (27ml) - £4.00
MUA Professional Matte Foundation (30ml) - £4.00 

MUA Professional  Extreme Curl Mascara (7ml) - £2.00
MUA Professional Dusk til Dawn Palette - £4.00
I completely fell in love with the mascara as soon as I saw it. Obviously, the point of this packaging was to attract the magpie part inside every beauty obsessed girl.

And last but not least, I finally got hold of a Beautycard! 318 points already! 




I've also just realised I completely forgot to purchase what I intended to get from Superdrug in the first place! D'oh!

Any recommendations for the inevitable trip back to pick up the new Sleek palette?

2 comments:

  1. How did the red hair colour turn out? vibrant or not so good? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry it took so long to reply! I first dyed my hair with a mahogany sort of colour which I didn't feel had enough of a red tint. Then applied this dye over the top, so in the end it turned out pretty good! It wasn't TOO red, but it wasn't so subtle either. I'm not sure how it would turn out on hair that hadn't already been dyed a red tinted colour though! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :-D!