Saturday, February 25, 2012

Diet Diary - Week One

I've - once again - gone on a diet. I'm going on holiday with my boyfriend in September and I really want to be in the best shape ever when I hit the beautiful Turkish beaches! Not only that, I reckon we will end up going on loads of adventures whilst there and I want to be able to last the day without tiring. 

I'm not doing anything in particular to try and lose weight, just exercise and healthy eating. I think there is no proven way to lose weight and that following a particular diet doesn't work for everyone. And I didn't want to get stuck in a routine I was unhappy with. Following my own 'plan' enables me to make tweaks and adjustments along the way. 


So, this week has not gone too well. I went back to the gym on Thursday and Friday, doing cardio at a low intensity for a long duration. I feel so much better for it already so definitely going to keep that up! I've found that the best time to go is from 5 till half 6, so I can watch Come Dine With Me, Coach Trip and the Simpsons whilst I work out! Surprisingly, it helps keep me going. 

As for food, that hasn't gone well either :( I think that the pressure of trying to be good has gotten to me a little bit. I've been to Nando's, an indian restaurant and had dominos today. Not good. Hopefully next week will be better.


I haven't weighed or measured myself this week but I highly doubt I've lost any weight! 

Does anyone have any useful tips? Any way to keep me away from all the carbs I'm constantly craving? I'd love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :-D!