Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Manicure: Is it by mistake or design?

I stumbled upon a picture of a manicure very similar to this last week - I can't remember where now, so I apologise! - and thought that I'd have a go at recreating it myself. Anything to get out of writing my dissertation!

FYI my fingers look really shiny throughout because I use a quick dry spray (from Avon) that's really oily and gross! Also, I suck at painting nails lol.


Firstly, I applied Barry M Silver Foil Instant Nail Effects. I think I used two coats just to get rid of the streaks a bit.


Then I applied Barry M Blue Moon (317) to three fingers on one hand and two on the other. Leaving a little bit at the bottom for the silver to show through.


Then I used Barry M Peach Melba (318) on the remaining fingers, again leaving a bit at the bottom for the silver.


After that I applied elf Matte Finisher to all nails except for the silver parts. 

I love the colours and I love the way I've alternated them on each hand. However, I don't think I'll be doing it with the silver again. It looks strange. And people keep asking me why I've left a bit at the bottom - not cool. Still, better to have tried it in the first place! 

Whats your current manicure? Link to any posts below, I'd love to check them out :) 

3 comments:

  1. Its great to try stuff out, it helps you work out what you like on your nails. I sometimes paint my nails in a way I think will look great and doesn't. Maybe white would look better than silver? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I might try white next time :) Only used silver as that was what was in the picture! I had to take this polish off after a few days, every time I glanced at my hands the silver made it look like a normal manicure was chipping at the bottom haha x

      Delete
  2. I like the pastel design

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :-D!